Re: Lake Weiss

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BassaVolic on May 14, 2001 at 11:48:13:

In Reply to: Re: Lake Weiss posted by Pondhopper on May 10, 2001 at 09:51:41:

We came in 4th in our tournament with a two day total of 29 lb. 2 oz. First place was a little over 32 lb. I got big fish on Saturday with a 4 lb. 11 oz. largemouth. The fishing was good both days. My brother and I fished together and we both limited out both days. Both days we caught a lot of fish on Zoom June Bug Finesse Worms. We had a few on a shad color Rapala Husky Jerk, and a few (including the big one) on a Carolina rigged Zoom Chartreuse Pepper Centipede.

We caught most of our fish in Bay Springs, and some around the mouth of Big Nose Creek. All the fish seemed to be in about 6 to 10 feet of water. We didn't find anything but little ones in shallow. Both days, we caught most of them on secondary points with sea walls, or in inlets near these points. On Saturday, the big one was caught on a flat area and looked like she had been on bed. Right after I caught her, we got several more bites but had a hard time hooking them. We thought that maybe these were other bedding fish that were just picking up the bait and moving it without getting in their mouth very well. Not too long after that, the cold front arrived and the bite stopped just like flipping a switch. We did not get hardly a bite after that for a couple of hours, so we moved around until we finally limited out with about an hour left.

I don't know what to tell you about this weekend. The fish seemed to be in transition zones (except for possibly the ones bedding). We didn't find any fish except a few small ones around boat docks, but that could change this weekend. We had to find a different pattern on Saturday than we had on Friday, and then we had to change again after that front came through. I don't know for sure, but I think the winning team caught several good spots somewhere around the dam.

Good Luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]