Re: Piers at TVA Ramps

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 08, 2001 at 22:54:20:

In Reply to: Piers at TVA Ramps posted by Randy on May 08, 2001 at 11:10:12:

Randy not sure where this pier is but I do know this. In the Alabama game and fish Almanac which explains hunting seasons, limits and laws, it states that it is against the law to fish from a dock which is at or beside a public launch. Unless the pier has been constructed especially for fisherman, the individuals were breaking Alabama state law. The law also states that there will be no camping, fires, ATV's, or RV's. What suprised me the most was NO swimming was also mentioned. Here is another shock that I did not know. Keep in mind that this to my knowledge has never been enforced but it is something to think about. If you put in at a launch that was constructed by the army cor of engineers and you have have a firearm in possesion, it is a fedral offense. Did not know this until about 2 years ago. Another law that I break just about every time I go crappie fishing is this. I understand it but always forget. According to Alabama law, it is illeagal to introduce any non native species into Alabama rivers or waterways. I break the law because sometime I throw my tuffies in at the end of the day. Tuffies are not a native species so therfore I have broken the law. Find out whether or not this pier is for fishing. If it a public ramp and this pier is not a fishing pier, call the authorities and report the individuals. If this pier is legal to fish from, then you really dont have a case. Just my 2cents worth. Good luck and wear those life jackets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]