Re: Goosepond (Shellcracker and bluegill)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 06, 2001 at 20:23:53:

In Reply to: Re: Goosepond (Shellcracker and bluegill) posted by ked on May 06, 2001 at 17:21:45:

Ked a squirel tail jig is a small jig made from the tail hair of a squirel tail. I have tied these for years but you can find these in any local bait shop. The ones I tie, I have added a red tensel strip of yarn in mine and it seems to make a big difference. Most of these jigs are rather on the expensive side. You will pay anywhere between 45 cents to 75 cents a piece. I have a friend who keeps me stocked with the squirel tails during the hunting season. I have used these for about 20 years now. The color of my choice is a flo red head. The weight is 1/32 oz. I normally fish these under a cork but tight lining them also proves to be effective. Use 4 lb test when using these. Sorry to hear about your holes being takin over by other fisherman. You will realize that if anyone sees your hole, it is gone! Thats why when I am locating beds I tend to stay away from shallow water and concentrate on off shore beds. These are harder to line up on, and sometimes I even have to use a GPS. Good luck on fishing and give those jigs a try. You will see why I like them so much. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]