Goosepond (Shellcracker and bluegill)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 06, 2001 at 15:34:17:

Got a late start but manged to find ALL shellcracker. Put in Bobby Bouy's along side of 79???. Went to the same beds that Kerry and I fished Friday and caught some but decided to drain the trolling motor until I found shellcracker. Went up river around Roseberry and finally found some good size Shellcracker. This particular bed has had NO fishing pressure because of its location. Way off shore with no visible landmarks. Dont think anyone saw me so I am safe for now. These shellcracker are in 6 feet of water and I feel that this particular bed is substantial. My partner and I limited on squirel tail jigs fished under a cork. Did not have any crickets today (didnt need them!). We ended the day with 100 shellcracker and all of them were a pound and up. Had one today that weighed 1.2 pounds. We did catch a few bluegill which were nice but through all of them back. Going tomorrow and should have no problem limiting again. Will post tomorrow night after the trip. Good luck and wear those life jackets and kill switches!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]