Guntersville Shellcracker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lance on May 06, 2001 at 15:20:43:

Fished G'ville yesturday from 9a.m.-3p.m. and ended the day with 125 and cleaned 85 between the 3 of us. Most of the fish were bluegill. About 25% were shellcracker. The day started off slow with only a few coming from our usual spots. I believe the predicton I made about two weeks ago is gonna be pretty doggone close. I said May the 7th, the first full moon, not bragging because I'm sure most fisherman with a little bream fishing sense probably predicted the same. Well, all I have to say is you better be taking a day off this week or plan to go this weekend because the shellcracker we caught were about to bust and some of the bluegill were missing most of their tails. Found the fish around 1 o'clock and slayed them. Fish were right on a ledge were the water drops from about 1 foot to 10 foot. The fishing is just about to explode here. If we can get rid of the rain forecast for this week, you better go. If not, get ready for an exciting weekend. Make sure you fish in 4-5ft. of water. If you can see the bottom, you are TOO SHALLOW. Millfoil flats are the locations of choice. Good Luck and hope you catch a boat load. And remember, take a newcomer or kid and let them enjoy this great sport!
Lance...alias...The Fisherman.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]