Re: Lake Guntersvillle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on May 05, 2001 at 16:36:10:

In Reply to: Lake Guntersvillle posted by Jim Daniel on May 05, 2001 at 15:07:11:

I don't recall if Riverview is a public ramp, but I've put in at Marshall #2 and it is OK. I prefer the better parking and better ramps on either end of 69, right off the hiway. You need to look at your map and locate the humps in the Browns creek area. For the most part, with the water at normal pool, there are very few truely dangerous areas, but a couple of those humps are shallow enough to hit with the motor. The same for Alreds, long points off of the islands and one particular rock hump that has taken it's toll on lower units. Anywhere you see very shallow areas on your map, assume there are stumps on them, many of them do have stumps on them, and the river ledge has stumps and trash on it up river. The fishing is great on Guntersville now. Look for the grass growing on drops around humps, points and ledges. Browns Creek, Alreds and Honeycomb are all good. Pop-Rs over 1 to 4 feet of water, rattle traps, small cranks, spinnerbaits and texas-rigged melonseed lizards in 3 to 7 feet of water on breaklines where the grass is growing. Suspending jerkbaits and jigs are doing very well for some bigger post spawn bass. The best fishing for me has been up river. Clients caught 56 bass yesterday. Yesterday the biggest was only 4.5-lbs, but we've had a good number from 5 to 7.5 over the last few weeks. Waterfront or Goose Pond on hiway 79 have good ramps, bait, tackle, gas, good food and they will give you fishing information. You have to be careful of the river ledges up river, and in some of the pockets, but for the most part if you use your map you can run safely. Good luck with the new boat.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]