Re: empty bream beds

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 05, 2001 at 07:07:26:

In Reply to: empty bream beds posted by Rob G on May 05, 2001 at 00:15:26:

Rob G that is a hard question. Right now there is everyone and thier neighbors trying to get on the bedding activity. What you might want to do is take you some marker bouy's. Once you find the bed, kick out a marker bouy and come back later. Try and stay as far away as possible when fishing these beds. Aslo try a tight line method with lite line and a small piece of split shot such as "BB" size. In the past, I have found that if you are fishing a bed that has had alot of fishing pressure, a slow fall will get the job done. These beds that you found are more than likely active, but you got to close and spooked the fish. Another factor you might want to consider is the better beds will be in a little deeper water. These beds will only be visible if the sun is directly overhead. In your question, you stated too noisy. Try to be as quite as possible. In my opinion, the bedding has just started and the next 2 weeks will be the best time to score big on shellcracker and bluegill. Good luck and if you need more advise, I will be happy to try and help. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]