Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 5-01-2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 30, 2001 at 19:38:07:

DATE: 5-01-01
LAKE LEVEL: 564.2
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 67*F in am - 72*F pm
WATER CLARITY: Great

CRAPPIE: On Thursday the 26th I fished a couple out of Huntsville and for the first time this year I got blanked.I had 9 short fish all
day. I fished a group out of South Alabama on Friday and fished exactly the same way and in the same area.The temperature came
up and so did the surface temperature.We had 62 keepers. Do not ask me to explain it because I cannot. Butch, my partner fished
the same area I fished on Saturday and had 71 keepers.Bubble gum was the color.I caught several spawning fish on Friday and
Butch had the same. Maybe the crappie have decided to stick around a little longer. What do I know?? Crappie fishing can make
you pretty humble!!

BASS: Bass fishing has been reasonably good. We had 150 boat tournament here on Saturday and it took 15 + lbs to win it with a 5
fish limit. My partner Harry bass fished on Sunday the 29th and did pretty good. Mainly Carolina rig on humps, brush piles and rock
piles.The majority of them were spots. The really good fish are trying to bed up in shallow water and are harder to come by. Most
everybody that is fishing for bass seems to be doing OK. Not great but OK.

STRIPE: I haven't a clue but am going stripe fishing tomorrow and will update you then.

WHITE BASS: No activity.

BREAM: All you want to catch but they are a little on the short side. The kids have a ball with them just about anywhere you want to
fish against the docks or banks.Drop your boat in Bay Springs and you won't even have to start your big motor. Meal worms and
crickets are the best bait.

CATFISH: The catfish are trying to bed up in the rocks around rip rap and road beds. Some of them pretty good fish. Also catching
them where anyone cleans fish on a regular basis.

AS ALWAYS PLANT YOUR CORN EARLY, DO NOT PEE INTO THE WIND AND DO NOT BUY A COMPAQ COMPUTER!!!!!!!

Look for you at Bay Springs for breakfast. Sincerely, Steve
http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]