Weiss Lake Fishing Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 22, 2001 at 23:52:10:

In Reply to: Need Help at Weiss posted by Adam on April 20, 2001 at 23:29:01:

Here is the latest fishing report from Weiss Lake Guide Service dated for 4-23-2001

I suggest you contact Steve and Cheryl for more info. If you ask, I am fairly sure that they will add you to their mailing list for their fishing report. You will get it even before it goes up on their site! (smile)

DATE: 4-23-01
LAKE LEVEL: Full Pool +
NORMAL FULL POOL:
SURFACE TEMP: 66 am - 73 pm
WATER CLARITY: Great

CRAPPIE: The crappie are spawning as we speak.But, they are spread out bad.1/32 bubble gum and 1/32 triple green tied off on a
float about 12-14" deep.Throw it up on the bank and retrieve slowly.Fish hard all day..25-30 fish but most are good fish.Lot of short
fish.About 1 keeper for every four you catch.Still some good fish deep on the channel edges, drop offs, and humps.Females oozing
eggs. This has been the craziest crappie season I believe I have ever seen.Hot and cold.Wet and dry.High water, low water.But we
have caught some really good fish.Fish slow, patience, patience, patience.

BASS: With the warmer surface temps in the afternoon,Carolina rig, purple or pumpkinseed worms.Early in the morning, Buzz Baits
& Spinner Baits.Later in the day, Carolina Rig.Some fishermen bringing in double limits.Look for bass fishing to get better and
better and peak out the first or second of June.The real "Hogs" are on the beds right now.

WHITE BASS: Mixed in with the crappie.I have not seen any surfacing, but they will.

STRIPE: A lot of stripe being taken in the cut to Powerhouse using live shad 6-10 ft. deep.Also good stringers coming out of the
mouth of Yellow Creek.Also good stringers coming from around the second channel marker just out from The Hawg's Den.Cave Hole
producing some fish.North Spring Creek producing some on Rat'l Traps.

BREAM: Any where you want to fish.Small but a lot of them.Wax Worms are the best bait.

CATFISH: Catfish are trying to spawn.Fish the rip rap with night crawlers.Some coming in the 20lb. range.Also can catch them at
night under the light and around fish cleaning stations.

As always, we are glad to help anyone that we can.We are always at Bay Springs Restaurant for breakfast.Come on over and have
breakfast with us.We are there at 7am every morning.We will be glad to try to point you in the right direction.
This report is based on what the average fisherman is doing right now.Most guides are doing a little better than this.
Look for you at Bay Springs!!! Sincerely, Steve Weiss Lake Guide Service
You can reach me at 256-927-6617 or http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]