Re: Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 4-12-2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cathy C King on April 12, 2001 at 18:23:52:

In Reply to: Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 4-12-2001 posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 11, 2001 at 22:52:04:

I, and my personal guide were at Lake Weiss, the 7th of April through the 10th of April. We had a hard time the first two days,(by the way we do troll}. We had an average of 25 crappie a day the first two days and eight stripes it seemed that every where we went the water was so clear that you could see your jig for about five feet at least. Now I am not the best fisherperson around- but I get upset when I dont catch the limit so 25 when you need 60 is not a good day to me. On the 9th my wonderful guide found us some water with alittle color in it, and quess what the fishing was good, did not limit out but what we caught were great fish (average of 45)and alot of stripes. We decided after getting a brushoff from the guy at Bluesprings and a local quide on the water (guide was from JRS) we thaught we must not be in Alabama- were the people are friendly. We feel the same as you, everyone can't/dont fish as much as us and you can always try and help your fellow fisherperson- which we did while we were there. In other words took my quide with me and brought him home, so it is not a total waste of time for out of towners if they just get some good advise on where to fish.

Just some thoughts from a woman fisherperson from Ga.
Sincerely,

Cathy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]