Lake Wedowee ( R.L. Harris )

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jcphish on April 08, 2001 at 13:29:41:

Date Fished: 4/7/2001
Water Temperature: 60
Water Clarity: 1 foot

Water level 3 ft below and still pretty muddy over much of lake except very lower portion , water temps from 58 to 60 early warming to 66 to 68 by mid afternoon . Fished Pine Grove VFD tourney out of 48 Bridge Sat. with 60 boats entered . Finished in 12th place with 3 keepers at 5.1 lbs , 8 ounces out of money , 1st was 3 fish at 11.7 lbs that also included BF of 7.9. Congrats to Andrew Harris and Matt Williams , a couple of young kids , 19 yrs old , who were fishing only their 2nd tournament ever . Great job guys . Finding keeper fish real tough right now and establishing a consistent pattern even tougher .Pre fished Thurs. and Fri. and caught good numbers of fish on spinnerbaits and flukes in pockets but they pulled water down about 8 inches Fri. nite and couldn't get those fish to bite Sat. In last 3 days caught 60+ with only 7 keepers and caught fish on pretty much everything we threw but by Mon. or Tues. things should really change for the better . Stay with the timber pockets and brushy pockets to find the larger fish moving up . Big Fish Sat. was caught in a small brushy cut in 2 ft of water on a Norman DLN . Sorry that this is not much of a report but after 3 days of beating my brains out on the water I found out I know even less about this game than I thought I did . Stay after'em and Good Fishing , Jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]