An unsolicited testimonial

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick Baldwin on April 03, 2001 at 20:34:17:

In Reply to: Weiss Lake Fishing Report for April 1, 2001 posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 01, 2001 at 18:42:34:

This post is a bit belated...but needs to be said: The Weiss Lake Guide Service is a remarkable bunch of fellows.
Let me bore the forum with a short story.
In mid-march I planned my annual trek to Lake Weiss is search of the elusive crappie. Given that I have a small boat rigged for trolling and knowing that trolling in the preferred method of chasing crappie on Lake Weiss in general, by the Weiss Lake Guide Service in particular, I formualted a plan. See if I could get one of these guys to take me out in my own boat. So... I call the most charming and pleasant "Cheryl", but alas, all the guides charters were full. But, she formulates a solution: trail boating. The idea being that the guide would take out his customers in his boat and I would follow behind. The perfect solution for me: First, I get to use my own boat. Second, the guides put me own fish. Third, I don't knock off my lower unit running through unfamiliar water on Lake Weiss (home of the unseen stump). To make a long story short...this is exactly what we did. After meeting Steve at Bay Springs for breakfast he allowed me to follow him around for both days. Needless to say, he kept me in fish and we went to spots on the lake I'd never thought of without their help. All said and done, they offered an excellent solution to an unconventional request.
The guides are informed and friendly. A truly great bunch of guys. If anyone needs a guide for Lake Weiss, they get my 5 star rating.
Patrick Baldwin MD

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]