R.L. Harris ( Lake Wedowee )

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jcphish on March 25, 2001 at 20:06:04:

Date Fished: 3/24/2001
Water Temperature: 54
Water Clarity: 0

Lake level within 21/2 to 3 ft. of full pool with lots of trash and debris floating out into channel .It's been a long time since there's been this much water in this lake . Water above 48 Bridge chocolate , below bridge to Flat Rock muddy with visability less than 6 inches , from Rock to damn good stain . Started day out just below 48 working timber pockets with spinnerbait and flukes but never got a strike . Worked my way down river a little further and hit secondary points and brushy pockets and still had no luck . Finally wound up in Hunter Creek and caught 1st fish at 9:30 . While in Hunter I realized they were pulling water pretty hard so I decided to try some deep walls on the river and finally found some fish in 12 to 15 ft on a deep rock wall . From 10:00 to 11:00 caught 16 with 4 over and 6 more that needed one more coat of slim on their tail to reach . Other 6 were 13 to 15 in. and all were fat, healthy spots . Hated to leave them but I had to be back by 11:30 .Seems they were in a 30 yard stretch just on the back side of a channel point . Most came on a gourd green finese worm and a couple were on a 6" watermelon sizmic shaker worm rigged no a 1/4oz lead head jig . You had to just barely drag it across bottom and watch your line , they were not real agressive . This is not a very dependable pattern , but with the rain we've had and the level falling again nothing is going to be very consistant for the next few days . Keep in mind just because something works or doesn't work for one might not be true for someone else . Case in point , my brother fished this morning as well and was about 1/2 mile below me and he caught 9 fish early on spinnerbait with 6 over 16inches . Cooler temps back tommorow so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens . Remember it really doesn't matter how big or how many , just enjoy it , tommorrows not guareenteed . Good Fishing , Jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]