Re: Neely Henry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike O'Donnell on March 23, 2001 at 04:17:27:

In Reply to: Neely Henry posted by JDHarrison on January 16, 2001 at 16:34:32:

This is and update on the strip fishing below Henry Neely. I went fishing on the 17 and 18 of march and had very good fishing trips. I caught over a dozen or so saltwater stripe and a couple of the hybrids stripe. The largest I caught were on the 18 they weighed from 5 to 12 pounds. The stripe fishing is picking up there below the dam.All fish were caught from the bank on the turbine side with 2 to 3 turbins running.ALL fish were caught using a white 4" sassy shad with a 1oz or 1 and a halfoz lead head. All the fish hit out in the deeper water. I still think that were are still early on the real big ones up there say the 15 to 20 pounders, yet all the fish that I did take home did not have eggs in them. I did see a fish that was caught that weighed about 16 pounds pulled out of there. The way I was fishing I WOULD throw up river towards the dam and let the bait bounce across the bottom until they picked it up. Also I figured out that all the fish I caught my lead heads that I painted all have red heads they seem to hit that more often than any color I've used so far. I went to the dam today they had all turbins going and all flood gates open because of the rain we had so no fish were caught. I'll send you more info. When I go again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]