Re: info on Guntersville and Elk River

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on March 21, 2001 at 19:43:33:

In Reply to: info on Guntersville and Elk River posted by Glen R on March 21, 2001 at 05:30:58:

With the recent rains, the Elk is already way up and really running muddy. I have a trip there tomorrow and it's probably going to be tough. I'd go to Guntersville until the water stabilizes. The water will be up on Guntersville, and it will be stained in some areas. However, the stained water helps the shallow bite a lot on G'ville. Try going to Waterfront. Waterfront is on hiway 79 toward Scottsboro. They have a great pro shop and the ramp is good, as well as being out of the wind. Talk to the guys at the counter and they will give you great info. I like to fish in that area under these conditions. We've been catching a lot of good bass in 1 to 5 feet of water on rattle traps and texas-rigged lizards. Bream, chrome and blue or parrot colored 1/4 to 1/2 oz traps, lime and white spinnerbaits and melonseed lizards have been the best colors for us. I expect a good spinnerbait bite if the water in the pockets has some color this weekend. This is a good time to throw a spinnerbait along the shallow banks in shallow pockets, targeting any wood cover or stumps. The crappie fishing has been great on Guntersville also. I fish mainly for bass so the other guys here can help you more with the crappie bite, but friends of mine are getting them on docks in 1 to 5 feet of water on small jigs. Good luck and watch for floating logs, etc..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]