Re: GUNTERVILLE BASS?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lance on March 19, 2001 at 18:20:23:

In Reply to: GUNTERVILLE BASS? posted by J.P. on March 18, 2001 at 22:08:02:

New grass is a little behind schedule this year, at least in my usual spots. If you can locate some grass though, you can catch some good bass. My partner and I fished Friday and caught 8 bass around 17lbs. fishing boathouses with jigs and lizards. Did catch a 3lb. spot and a 3.8lb. largemouth on a spinnerbait though. If we can just get rid of this nasty weather it would be great, because G'ville is ready to bust wide open. The fish are wanting to bite, but the continuous rain and cool weather keep screwing them up. Fish were biting rattletraps and spinnerbaits in 2-3ft. of water, but because of the nasty weather, the magic number Friday was 6ft. My advice is as soon as the sunny days return, concentrate totally in the shallows(2-6ft.) using the baits I mentioned above(1/4ounce chrome/blue back rattletraps & chartreuse/white spinnerbaits. If you can locate some shallow flats with stumps and GRASS though, that will be your best bet for a lunker. Since you are staying at the State Park, concentrate around Murphy Hill at the upper end and Brown's Creek at the lower end of the lake. Good Luck & Let'em go!
LANCE

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]