Elk river Tournament results.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on March 17, 2001 at 18:56:52:

52 degrees and sunshine.....yea right! Never saw the sun and never saw 52 degrees. It was a tough day on Elk today. North, Northwest wind and cold temperatures started the morning off. My partner and I started off fast and it went down hill from there. Caught 2 keepers in 3 casts in a slue down river towards the day mark. Left there and went to anderson creek and fished the spring. Caught one keeper spot on a Model 7a crankbait in chartrues. Left there and went back down river and fished just about every point on the way out. The only pattern I put together was fish were on points that had deep water nearby. I had 7 bites all day and caught 5 of those. It was enough for first place. I had right at 10 pounds out of 5 fish. All but one fish was caught on a 3/16 oz black and blue bitzy bug with a small black zoom pork chunk. My partner strugled but did a fantastic job at holding the boat in that wind. We did well I thaught. I guess it was a good win but it was close. I only won by 3 oz over another guy in our club. I guess luck was on my side. Good luck and please wear those life jackets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]