Update on Wilson stripe/smallies.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on March 11, 2001 at 23:50:37:

Well, finally action for smallies is picking up. Starting to find a few in the tailraces above the towers, but it's still slow for me up there. I'm having better luck on mid-river bluffs and points for smallies. The late afternoon to just before dark bite has been best. Deep baby Ns in shad color have been good the last few trips. A clear sparkle 2.5" grub on a 1/8oz head has also produced along bluffs and points. Today the small crank worked fast was the ticket for smallmouth. We wore out the white stripe on points down river with both the small crankbait and a jerkbait. Largemouth bite has been really good, especially for numbers. It's not quite right yet, but it's getting better. The BASS Invitational boys will be there all week. I have some good friends fishing the event and have spent some time fishing Wilson with them before the cut-off. The weigh-ins will be at McFarland on Pickwick on Thurs, Fri and Sat. If you get a chance, go see one of the weigh-ins. It really is a good event to watch and you'll get to see some of the top names in fishing. A lot of them will be locking up to Wilson this week.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]