Re: March - April Largemouth Fishing on Guntersville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joy on March 10, 2001 at 21:31:04:

In Reply to: Re: March - April Largemouth Fishing on Guntersville posted by TroyJ on March 09, 2001 at 23:22:56:

Troy,

We appreciate your advice very much! We are going back to Lake Guntersville tomorrow, Mar. 11, and will try out your suggestions, I hope. The 25 or so little yellow bass we caught (catch and release) did not quite equal a $180. charge for a new propeller for our 90 hp Mercury motor at Guntersville Boat Mart!!!

Today we lost an entire blade off the propeller - was completely sheared off. Guntersville Boat Mart said we must have hit a metal cable the way the propeller sheared - a very clean cut. We were in 5 ft. of water, motoring very, very, very slowly from east side of creek to west, toward boathouses and island. We were a good ways back in Browns Creek. If we had been going any faster, we would have lost the entire bottom half of the motor, according to the Mercury dealer, and probably the transom!!

Why is this dangerous obstacle not marked? There should be a marker of some type. How does one go about having dangerous obstacles marked in TVA lakes?

Well forgive me for talking a bit long here, but a $180. part (we install it for that price) takes some of the enjoyment out of fishing on Guntersville.

Yes, we do have a Lang's map of Lake Guntersville. That steel cable was not on the map.

Today, we fished around boat docks in Browns Creek and were catching yellow bass, mostly small ones, but it was fun. We catch and release.

I see boats flying full speed across Brown's creek. Maybe it's better to be at full speed on Guntersville as the boat planes out. What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Joy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]