Re: I'm new to Guntersville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lance on March 06, 2001 at 09:33:40:

In Reply to: Re: I'm new to Guntersville posted by Ronald Hicks on March 06, 2001 at 08:42:43:

Hey Ronald...a friend of mine that I grew up with that I haven't seen in a few years is a senior at U of Kentucky. His name is Chris Hart. If you know him by chance, give him my e-mail address and tell him Lance Archer said to drop him a line. About places to fish, for the upper end of the lake, concentrate around North&South Sauty, Mud Creek, and Murphy Hill areas. These places will be easy to locate with a good map. For the lower end, concentrate around Brown's Creek, Beech Creek, Spring Creek areas. Look at your map and locate the Hwy.69 bridge that crosses Brown's Creek. Looking at the map, the area on the left side of the bridge is the Brown's/Beech Creek area. This is my most favorite springtime fishing area. Lots of shallow flats and stump beds around and out from the banks on the right sides and past the powerlines. Use spinnerbaits and rattletraps and your knowledge of fishing. I'm sure you two know how to fish since you are driving so far. Just use your instints...if something looks fishy to you, stop and fish it. You two will be hitting it perfect. The bite cranked up last week and will just keep getting better. Staying shallow will be the key (2-7ft). I'm sure you will catch fish. Guntersville, especially this time of year is not too terribly hard to fish. Just stick to the pattern I told you and move around a little to you locate them. GOOD LUCK! I hope you catch a boat load. I might need some help on fishing Nolen Lake someday.
Lance

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]