Re: I'm new to Guntersville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lance on March 05, 2001 at 21:25:53:

In Reply to: I'm new to Guntersville posted by Ronald Hicks on March 05, 2001 at 18:40:26:

Hey Ronald, what college do you attend? I attend UAB and have fished G'ville all of my life. It is a beautiful lake and probably the best around(in my opinion)for having the best chance at catching a trophy largemouth. The G'ville State Park is a wonderful place to camp, full of wildlife, and located in about the center of the lake. You will then have the choice to fish the upper or lower end of the lake without having to run far. The upper part is good fishing, but I do just fine on the lower end this time of the year also(Brown's Creek, Spring Creek). Right now use rattletraps and spinnerbaits for best results in 3-6ft. of water. I've been fishing millfoil beds in shallow flats(4-6ft.)lately with a chartreuse/white 3/8oz. spinnerbait and doing well. Not sure about GPS points, but I encourage you to look up G'ville State Park on the internet. Also, for a map and possible GPS points that you were looking for, check out the web sites that Tom posted on NAFF 3/5/01. Good Luck! Don't catch'em all!
Lance

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]