R.L. Harris ( Wedowee )

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jcphish on March 05, 2001 at 20:47:09:

Subject: R.L. Harris (Wedowee), Alabama
Submitted by jcphish (ip 205.188.196.46)

Date Fished: 3/4/2001
Water Temperature: 57
Water Clarity: 2-3 feet

Best thing I can say about Sunday is "MISERABLE".Put in about 7am with temps @ 60* and winds 15 to 20 mph and it went down hill from there . Front hit us around 9:00 and it drop 15* in the next hour and the wind kicked up to around 25mph gusting to 35 and around 10:30 the rain started again . Other than that it wasn't half bad fishing . Caught 12 before I got tired of waves coming over nose of my boat and went home around 11:00 . Fish are still near the rocky points , only today they seem to be on the sides more , about 20 or 30 yards on either side out in 8 to 10 ft . Caught all fish today on plastics . Green is still the color , either gourd green , green pumpkin or today seemed to get more bites on a 4in Zoom Chart/pepper ring worm .Also don't give up on the spinnerbait to quick , a buddy of mine caught a 6.8 Sat.and it was the only one he got on spinnerbait . Lake up 11/2 to 2ft and will rise a little more the next couple days .If cold don't hang around more than 3 or 4 days it shouldn't hurt fish much . The good thing for us is they haven't moved to the backs yet and probably won't be affected to much by this front .If you fish up big river this week be careful , early spring rains like we had tend to wash a lot of logs and trash off the banks and out into channels . Don't forget about the annual Spring Bass Bonanza coming up on the 17th ,sponsored by the Cheaha Bass Club , all money is guaranteed and it is a 1st class run tourney . If you need more info on it you can E-Mail me at jcolburn017@cs.com. Good Fishing , Jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]