NAFF via Email... an easy way to keep up to date with the NAFF.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on March 05, 2001 at 20:34:21:

First, yes, the NAFF via Email is a mailing list. But, it is not shared or sold for any purpose. I personally maintain the list and it is used for the sole purpose of keeping those who choose to join the NAFF via Email up to date with the NAFF message base.

What happens, if you join the NAFF via Email? Each time a message is entered into the NAFF, you will receive that message via email. I suggest using your message filtering services (most mail programs) to create a folder for the NAFF messages and have them placed in that folder when they are received.

Will you be placed on other mailing lists by joining the NAFF via Email? NO.

Will you ever receive anything else via email other than NAFF posts? For the most part, no. There are times when I have to test the site and list software, and I do a test message. This has only happened a very few times. Less than 5 times since the NAFF started, I think. At some time in the future, I may start a newsletter with current fishing info for North Alabama and if I do, I will either start a new mailing list for it, or use the NAFF via Email list for the distribution. But, that is in the future and since I don't make any money from this site, it may be a while. (grin)

I just thought I'd give a little more info on the NAFF via Email so those of you who haven't checked it out might give it a try. It is easy to subscribe/unsubscribe. All I ask is that you please use your own real email address. Subscribing someone else without their permission is not only rude, but also illegal according to current laws concerning "spam". Also, there have been times when I have received system emails about addresses on the list that are no longer available. When this happens, I simply delete that address from the list. If you think you have been deleted and didn't want to be deleted, this *may* have been the reason, but I think most of those I have deleted had quit that email account without unsubscribing from the NAFF.

'Nuff said. If you think the NAFF via Email would be helpful to you, please give it a try. Nothing to lose and it is easy to unsubscribe if you don't like it.

Good luck and good fishin'!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]