R.L. Harris ( Wedowee )

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jcphish on February 25, 2001 at 20:43:36:

Water Temperature: 51
Water Clarity: 2-3 feet

Fished a club tourney on Harris yesterday ( Sat.) and won it with 17 lbs . Caught fish all day mainly on wind blown points in pockets off main river below 48 bridge . Caught a limit on crankbait by 8am and stayed with it until it slowed around 10am . These fish were hitting in 3 to 8 ft and were really slamming it . Bite slowed a round 10 so I backed off and threw a finese worm and started catching them again . Most of these came in 12 to 15 ft but around lunch found some nice spots in 22 ft on the worm . Crankbait bite picked up again about 1pm and stayed with it until weigh-in . Caught about 30 in all . Water down river from bridge to Hunter Creek had good stain to it but in Hunter creek was too clear . My brother and I went back today and fished up big river trying to find crappie . They are not as hot as they were thurs & fri but we still managed to bring home 45 nice ones . They were out on the deep ends of blowdowns in the pockets off main river . Caught them on 1/16 jig w/ blk & chart grub . On the way back in we tried bass for a few minutes and they seem to about the same places they were sat. Next few days should be real productive but get your fishing in quick we've got a freeze coming back on Friday . Good Fishing , Jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]