Weiss Lake Fishing Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on February 20, 2001 at 20:44:44:

DATE: 2-20-01
LAKE LEVEL: 561.4
FULL POOL LEVEL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 54*F
WATER CLARITY: Right now good but Georgia has had a big rain that may change our clarity in the next few days

CRAPPIE: Weather is warm.Good catches being brought into docks,trolling 9-12 feet in 20 feet of water early and later in the day 3-4 feet deep in approx 20 feet
of water.They are suspended but not around structure.They are on the pre-spawn pattern.Best color is still blue/blue/blue and bubble gum.If you run into muddy
water in the channel check the back end of the coves.Crappie are hunting warm water.If you can find water that is 3-4* warmer in the back end of coves they
should be stacked up, and in that case troll 1 1/32.

BASS: Bass fishing is still slow.

WHITE BASS: Still showing up in the back end of coves in 3-4 feet of water with 1/32 oz jigs trolling medium speed.Best color seems to be triple green.

CATFISH: Doing great. Large numbers and big fish coming off the docks at Riverside RV Park & Motel.

BREAM: Zip

STRIPE: Stripe are showing up in the main lake about 3 feet deep hitting crappie jigs, triple blue,no matter what the water depth.They are chasing shad in great
numbers.It cannot get nothing but better!!. Average fish 3 - 15 lbs. on 6 lb. test line with the drag backed way off.12 lb stripe will take you about 2 1/2 cigarettes
to get to the boat and wear him out. It makes it a whole lot more fun on ultra lights.And if you really, really, want to make it fun, let one of the people in your
guide party lose your dip net over the side of the boat. :-).

I have a concern about the water coming out of Georgia.I have not seem a color change on the lower end of the lake but it could happen at anytime,and if it
does everything will change.As soon as I see a change I will try to get it on the web ASAP.
As always do not hesitate to call or email me whether you need a guide or not.I am on the water everyday but my wife hears me "rant" every night so if you need
some help during the day give her a call (Cheryl). I will answer emails in the evening after I get off the water. Have a great day! Steve
www.lakeweissguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]