Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by racerkvn on December 22, 2006 at 11:37:18:

In Reply to: Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today posted by Flyrodder on December 21, 2006 at 18:32:56:

Nevermind, you guys are taking some useful information, and construeing it to suit your reactions. Thats cool, it really makes no difference to me. I have never run over anybody, and I have never run up on somebody even close enough to tip there boat, so I guess my eyes are fine. I'm just simply telling ya'll with small boats, that they are NOT as easy to see as bigger boats, from the perspective of some boaters. If you take what I said, as defensive, and that I'm telling you to give up your fishing spot or telling you to get off the water, your wrong! I'm telling you that since your boat is smaller (and harder to see than bigger boats), Don't put your self in a dangerous position. I WAS trying to be helpful, but forget it. Maybe my post were in a manner that it was easy to twist around, I'm not the best when it comes to communication skills!

Flyrodder, What do you mean by "Totalling a boat doing 30-35 at night sounds like uncommon sense to me."? You have to know the boat first hand (and the circumstances THAT night), it wouldn't stay on plane less than about 20 mph, and to the keep the bow up (so your not digging into the next wave, it was windy and the water was a touch on the choppy side) you have to trim up just a tad, that in itself will increase speed, even by not giving it any more throttle. So if your trying to imply I was hauling azz at night, you need to re-think that. I never run faster than I need to just to get the boat on plane at night, never, and I did have headlights on it, and they were on. When the water has a chop to it, and a log that is waterlogged is floating just at the surface, facing the same direction as the waves are traveling, the ABSOLUTE most experienced driver, cannot avoid that collision. I didn't even remotely see it till it went under the bow, but as you can imagine, at that point, there was nothing I could do, except brace up on the steering wheel, I didn't even have time to turn, and even if I had of turned, it could have thrown me and my brother out of the boat had I hit it broadside. So, my point is, don't assume that I don't know what I'm doing when I'm on the water, in my (fast) boat. I have been on the water for about 25 years, and I would consider myself as one of the most cautious (I did not say the best!)of drivers, if conditions are not favorable, I don't run it. Some people are wide open no matter what, they are the ones you need to look out for.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas!!!!!!

If I have offended anybody on here, I hate that it happened, it was not my intention.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]