Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by racerkvn on December 21, 2006 at 09:27:21:

In Reply to: Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today posted by Mike on December 20, 2006 at 17:47:08:

Hahahaha I try NOT to pull them nasty Drum in my boat if at all possible! LOL

I hit a floating telephone pole on Wilson!! It cracked the transom, I bent the steering wheel by pushing on it (I was scared to death), which in turn cracked the console where it connects to the top cap, and bent the hell out of the trim unit, motor wouldn't trim down! It didn't sink, and it never took on water. All the cracks were above the water line. I fished the rest of the night! I really didn't think it was that bad, but the insurance company wouldn't fix it.

Yes there is wing walls that comes straight off the face of the dam, right next to the turbines there is 2 actually, and a couple more way on down the face towards the other end. There is a bunch of rocks just under the surface down there too, that will tear up a boat!! As for the strobe light in place of the anchor light, that is a great idea!! Actually I think the Coasties are mandating that on some of the newer offshore boats, if that is the case, it will be a matter of time before bass boat must use them. I think its a great idea for anytime the boat is underway.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]