Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on December 20, 2006 at 17:47:08:

In Reply to: Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today posted by racerkvn on December 20, 2006 at 09:06:57:

I definitely get off the water before sundown, not only because I don't have lights, but because all the last minute guys get in a hurry to get back before it's dark. I think instead of just a white stern light, boats should have a strobe light of some sorts cause they would blend right in with lights from shore. You agree?

I've hit my fair share of debris, and if you've ever hit the Elk you'd know what I mean. I busted a shear pin once and nearly knocked the motor off my boat at Wheeler from hitting something under the water on the other side of last turbine. I think it was one of the long wing walls coming off the dam.

What did you hit on Wilson? I Know there's a couple logs here and there sticking up out in the middle of lake.

As far as bad boat drivers, I've seen enough of them at Wheeler, and they're not riding in the high end bass boats. I myself wouldn't be caught dead catching drum from a Bullet.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]