Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on December 19, 2006 at 20:52:00:

In Reply to: Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today posted by racerkvn on December 19, 2006 at 09:44:46:

I don't make it a point to sit out in the middle of the channel and drop anchor, I've always stayed out of the way especially with the number of barges and large cruisers that make the trip frequently up and down the river, especially around Huntsville and Decatur where the river is narrow. I really don't venture out into the main river usually I stay within Flint Creek or Limestone Bay. Where am I to go when the big boys come ripping down those narrow channels?

I have an Astroglass with 85hp OMC on it so I know what it's like to have a faster boat. It's not standing on it's foot fast, but much quicker than my flatbottom. I also know what it's like to hang on tight when the boat gets rocked so I don't go swimming. And that's been in shallower less pressured areas, honestly. It's called the Elk River.......

Telling me that maybe I should move or that I'm in a dangerous spot is like telling me that I don't need to drive on the highways cause my truck's too small and slow, and the big fast SUVs and trucks don't even know I'm there so I need to stick to the back roads.

I'm cool with your opinion it's an interesting debate, hell I wish I could go a little faster sometimes. I'd like to build a small coffin to strap a vintage Merc on so I could race my old buddy around the channel markers upstream of Ditto.

Peace!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]