Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by racerkvn on December 19, 2006 at 13:40:08:

In Reply to: Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today posted by Scott Shaw on December 19, 2006 at 12:54:44:

What don't you understand? If your in the middle of the river in a 10-12 foot jon boat that is only 12 inches above the water line, you going to tell me that I should be able to see you like a channel bouy!!! You have got to be kidding me!! No matter how fast you are going, it makes no difference. You can NOT see a small boat sitting in the middle of the river, till you are REALLY close!! All I'm saying, is, if your fishing in the middle of the lake, wide open area, in the main channel, you are asking for trouble. My boat is 20 foot long, and I don't sit in the middle of the lake and dare somebody to get close to me! I have more COMMON sense than that. It anybody's fault that fishes in the main channel, and your number will come up one day!

Now...I watch out for what I'm doing, there are some people who care less. I am not one of them, since I also have a jon boat, I think I am qualified enough to speak about this. I am not telling you to give up your spot, my statement was, if you are putting yourself in a dangerous position to catch a few fish, you have took that responsibilty. The guy that is running down the lake at 80 mph, is NOT, I repeat is NOT going to be doing this in the back waters, of a cove, or in the stump flats or anywhere else there is a possibilty of a collision. If you have dropped anchor in the middle of the lake, you are subjected to anybody that comes by, be it 20 mph, or 100 mph! Hopefully you get the picture here. Common sense, is all I'm saying. If you take it as being arrogant, then so be it, I am telling you some common sense tips for fishing in the big ole lake, out of a small boat. You took it wrong, and you read into it alot more than you should have. Or maybe I didn't clarify enough, it thats the case, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to be negative, but at the same time, common sense tells me that I don't own the lake, just the same as you don't either, and common sense tells me to NOT put myself in a dangerous position.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]