Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Shaw on December 19, 2006 at 12:54:44:

In Reply to: Re: reply to another thread Decatur fishing today posted by racerkvn on December 19, 2006 at 09:44:46:

I have no issue with fast boats, as has been said before, most of us have some speed demon in us.

However I've got to offer my thoughts on these statements by racerkvn:

"I'm not trying to start a war here, I am just saying, if your so close to them that there spray is getting you wet, don't you think you should possibly move?"

What an arrogant statement. I, too, fish from a jon boat and while I've had a close call or two (never to the point of being sprayed) I find it incredible that you'd think it's the jon boat's fault and that we should move out of your way when we see you hauling butt up the river.

"I can also tell you, if your fishing from a little Jon boat out in the middle of nowhere, and in the main channel, other boats can't see you till it's almost too late."

If you can't see a jon boat then how in the hell are you ever going to see a log or some other piece of debris or how about nav. bouys? I say if you can't see me, then you're not paying attention or maybe the speed has your eyes tearing up to the point that you can't see safely. At that point you should back off or get some goggles/helmet.

"I not telling you to give up your spot or fishing trip, all im saying is it sounds like you might have been fishing where it's obviously dangerous."

Think about where the danger comes from then truthfully tell me who should leave the area.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]