Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on December 14, 2006 at 20:59:50:

This report is for 12/13/2006. With this warm spell I decided to go and try my luck. Got in the water around 6:30 and and did not get a bite till around 8:00 am. I was starting to wonder if my bite was over but I guess they were a little late waking up!

Fish were definately deeper than past trips. Fish were hitting in 25-30 feet of water. Caught most of my fish on opening night bassassassins fished on 1/16 oz jig head. Did catch most of the bigger fish on a tiny fluke. When the current slowed down around noon, the fish turned off. I did manage to limit out with 30 NICE fish. If Kerry would have been with me, I think we could have had a double limit. I fished by myself this day. Did not have anything under a pound. Had several right at 2 pounds. All fish were plump like footballs, filled with shad. Might try and go again later in the week but I am getting tired of making the drive. My freezer is full and I am ready for a shallow bite! If I go again to Guntersville, I will post the results. Good luck to everyone and wear those life jackets.

I also wanted to take time out to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I also wanted to thank all of our men and women who are currently serving in our armed forces. I wish for your speedy and safe return. Thanks for all that you do! May you and your families be blessed during this joyous holiday season.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]