Re: Nice stripers off my dock at Smith lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BrianM on December 14, 2006 at 16:01:42:

In Reply to: Nice stripers off my dock at Smith lake posted by Dave H on December 12, 2006 at 19:52:24:

Dave -
I'm seeing the same results as you are. I went out last night and caught about 10 stripers (in about 1 1/2 hours)on almost the same lure you are using. I was using a 3" chartruce Storm Swim bait. I'll ease up to a dock light throw it out, let it sink a few seconds and slowly real it back in. If they are there, they usually hit it in the first few casts and I can catch about 2 before they get spooked. Sometimes you can hit the same dock light a little while later and pull another fish off of the same dock.

I didn't have the same quality size fish you are catching. All of mine last night were anywhere from about 2 to 10 lbs. I didn't have as much luck on the main channel, most of mine were inside the creeks a little ways. Although I did catch fish off of most of the lights I tried. I'll have to try a few more of the main lake docks and see if I can't catch a few bigger ones.

What area of the lake are you fishing? Mine were all in Simpson. Anyway, I'll be back out there again tonight with a buddy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]