Doubled up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on December 03, 2006 at 00:24:22:

Had one of those good days today.I managed 14 keeper Crappie out of 18 by 9 am fishing below Gville dam using minnows at 7ft ,went home and cleaned them then went back to totally concentrate on Sauger at 230 from the bank and got 8 keepers by dark using a quarter ounce yellow jig head and a chartruse mini jig skirt tipped with a jack cricket(grin ,minnow) with the largest going 16 and half inches.I also got 2 saltwater strip in the 1 to 2 lb class( yeah they dont spawn below the dam....WRONG).One guy fishing below me left with a limit and another had 8 also.They were using a green/black 3in sassy shad no minnow .The Jacks are back after a 2 year absence.Everyone was catching a few to a lot.AND from the looks if it, on both sides of the river .There were 16 cars and more people on the Huntsville side ,with most of them fishing up near the end of the lock wall, there were at least 9 boats that I could see up in between the locks and on the Arab side there were lots of cars in the launch parking lot and a lot of bank activity just below the old ferry landing!! There are currently 4 gates cracked open.I have been told they will stay open unless it fails to rain this week.They are having to use them to bleed out the water due to one of the turbines beign out of comission.Tight lines and full bank buckets (grin)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]