hey smallie/ g-ville crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mighty on November 28, 2006 at 12:49:06:

First off hope everyone had a nice holiday. Went out Sunday Morning down to scotts had about 13 keepers 3 over 2lbs.

Smallie and others if you are interested in learning more about crappie fishing check out this site www.crappie.com. I am also a bank fisherman, I just got my boat ready but I cant lie I am kinda of afraid to go out by myself the first couple of times. During this time of year from now until mid june/july we bank fisherman can rack up on crappie. It may take longer cuz we will have to move around but it can be done.
I have caught at least four 2 plus lbers and one 3lber in the past 2 months.
Now I will say this I am a crappie holic meaning I can spend 12 hours fishing.
I leave about 3am and come home about 5pm.
One thing I have learned that if the fish stop biting move, if you have been siting in a place for an 1hr and havent caught a fish move to the other side of the bridge, on down what ever.
Also I have noticed that the bite was has been real soft I fish jigs and minnows and with the jigs all i felt was the line get a little heavier. Like Alex said you have to watch for the thump, watch your line.
Anyway just my two cents and I wish all of you a safe and blessed holiday season.
See ya on the water.
mighty

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]