Re: Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by racerkvn on November 27, 2006 at 09:34:00:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville Crappie posted by Smallie on November 25, 2006 at 08:57:27:

My Dad, Brother and Me went Friday 11/24/06, we went trying to get a few Jacks(sauger), but didn't do any good, (I went by myself last Tuesday and brought home 5 good Jacks, the only 5 I caught!)the Drum was in there something terrible, we caught probably 10 or so all over 15 lbs. Nasty things!!

We started Crappie fishing around 1, and the first couple of spots we tried, didn't produce any fish, but we found em in some other spots. We ended up catching around 40+, but brought home 23 and had a couple 2 lbs. Caught them all on Assassins too. We were up in the main lake, fishing some rock banks.

My Dad caught a Largemouth that weighed 7 lbs and was 23 inches long on the Crappie rig using a UL rod, 6 lb line, and 1/16 jig!! We took some pictures, and turned it loose for somebody else to enjoy one day. Overall we had a great time, got to wet a hook with my Dad, finally (he lives in Shreveport), and this was the first time in a long time all three of us (Dad, Brother, and me) have got to go fishing together in a while, and I'm glad the Crappie bit, I wished the Jacks would have, that morning!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]