Re: Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 25, 2006 at 07:07:21:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville Crappie posted by Smallie on November 25, 2006 at 00:30:22:

Smallie, after being burned several times by taking people out when they promised they would not "show and tell", I do not make it a habit to take people that I do not know out anymore.

The areas that Kerry and I fish are not that hard to learn. The key words are deep water and bluffs. If you can find cover on bluffs or steep banks, I promise the crappie will be there. The style of fishing that Kerry and I using is very finesse. You must be a good line watcher in order to do well using our method. Sometimes you will feel the hit but 95% of the time you will see line jump.

Another important factor when fishing these areas is current. Current will make the bait fish group up in large groups and the crappie will follow. It is a good idea to check and make sure current will be present. Kerry and I beleive that it is better when the current has been present several hours before we hit our spots. If they do not generate, stay home!

I apologize about not taking you up on your offer but like I said I just donít take people out anymore that I do not know and trust.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]