Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 24, 2006 at 19:01:33:

Can anybody "DUCK HUNTERS"? Before I got to the ramp I knew I was in trouble because I remembered it was the opening day of duck season. When I got to the ramp there was approximately 50-75 trucks and trailers in the parking lot already. Kerry finally found a parking place and we were off to our spot.

As soon as it started getting light enough to see, it sounded like World War II. If I had to guess, there was probably 10,000 dollars worth of ammo shot today.

Before I get to the fishing report, I wanted to vent a little and let it be known that Kerry and I had some inconsiderate individuals cause us problems today. The first one was an old man that had NO trolling motor and actually came on top of us. I had problems with this guy a couple of trips ago and he showed himself again today. Get a trolling motor DUDE! The other Butt heads came within 15 feet of us on plane once they realized where we were stopping to fish; these guys were 100 yards away and were not even headed in our direction. They took it upon themselves to "show" us and get very close to us almost as if to say we were going to fish there! I do not know what this world is coming to but eventually someone is going to get hurt by practicing this type of activity.

We caught quality fish once again today. We had several fish at 2 pounds or better and Kerry got the big one today at 2 pounds 5 ounces. We caught all our fish on Bassassassins in opening night, Arkansas shiner and chartreuse. I did try a new bait today and it showed potential. I picked up a package of ZOOM tiny flukes and Kerry was impressed. We did not catch a lot on it but had a few better quality fish on them. This is a bigger bait and it has a larger profile. We ended the day with around 39 crappie. The quality this year in Guntersville is unreal! Did not take a water temp.

Fish were feeding on threadfin shad and were located anywhere form 12-25 feet of water. They were also relating to cover. The next couple of weeks should produce some MONSTERS! Good luck and wear those life jackets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]