RUDE ILLEGAL Fishing in G-ville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sippinwt on November 20, 2006 at 23:52:20:

I went Crappie fishing in Gunterville under the 69 bridge Saturday 11-18. This was my first time being able to get back to the BIG "G" in about 2 years. I have met some of my BEST fishing buddies fishing around Guntersville when I resided in Huntsville. Well to make a long story short... I got and anchored down somewhere about 7 a.m. somewhere around 8 a.m. a Fisher pontoon boat pulls in with 3 occupants in the hole next to my cousin and I fishing. While I am really enjoying being back on The BIG "G" and *BONUS* catching some crappie I guess these people didn't understand how I was catching them and they where not so he begans to throw a cast net. Well he catches Crappie after Crappie with each cast and them comes to the area I am casting my jig and proceeds to cast his net pulling up WHOPPER Crappie !! Well did I mention I left Huntsville to take a job with the state of Alabama with the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. While I tried to give the guy the benefit of a doubt that he was trying to catch some bait fish but it became obvious that he was using the cast net to catch Crappie which is ILLEGAL. I am not in law enforcement but I do have friends in important places if you know what i mean... I got on my state radio and made a few calls the guy in the boat noticed what i was doing pull anchors and left.. I hope he is a reader of this forum and I want HIM TO KNOW that all you had to do was ask and I would have told you what i was doing to catch the fish..someone taught me how on the BIG "G" one day and every chance I get I like to pass on the knowledge giving to me by some fisherman whom I met in my time scaring more Crappie away than I did attracting them. I do have his boat tags and have turned them over to the proper people who have promised to touch basis with the owner of the boat. All I want is to come to the BIG G and have a great day of fishing and meet awesome people as I have in the past !!! IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR ??!?!?!?!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]