Re: Thanks for the report, but

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 20, 2006 at 21:11:08:

In Reply to: Thanks for the report, but posted by Allen on November 20, 2006 at 08:24:55:

Allen I am sorry that I did not provide enough info. If you do a search on Kerry's site, you will find a lot of good info on past trips that I have posted. I sometimes forget that not everyone knows about this site or has kept up with it. Knowing this, I will try and give more info now and in the future.

Normally this time of year, crappie will be gorging themselves in preparation for the up coming spawn and recovering from the post spawn. They are following threadfin shad schools and once you find the schools your hard work is over. Kerry and I have been catching our fish in Guntersville on main lake points and deep drop-offs. Our fish have been anywhere between 25 and 30 feet deep. Kerry and I always use jigs. Jig heads are 1/32, 1/16 and just recently 1/8 oz due to the high water and fast current. Kerry uses 6 pound line and I use 4 pound line. Most of the fish are relating to structure and if you can find structure near a channel or deep drop-off the crappie won’t be far.

Some of the colors and styles that we have had success lately on are as follows: Bassassassins in Crystal shad, Arkansas shiner, Chartreuse and Glitter and Opening Night. We also use tube jigs in similar colors.

As far as minnows are concerned, we do not use them. Kerry and I feel that if crappie are taking minnows, they can be caught on jigs. Kerry and I have proved this argument to many anglers over the years. Trust me....I was one of the stuborn one's before I met Kerry!

I hope I have answered some your questions. Good luck and have a happy holiday season.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]