Guntersvile Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 18, 2006 at 18:49:13:

Have you ever had one of those days that are just perfect? My nephew came down from Tennessee and we had a great day. We had planned this trip earlier in the week and I told him upfront that I had no control over the weather! I hate making trips way in advance due to not knowing what the weather and wind is going to do!

We got to the ramp at around 6:00 and there was not another trailer in the parking lot. To top that bad feeling off, I went on Friday and only had 5. The water was moving fast and it was around summer pool. Bad conditions for me and Kerry's spot! Anyway I pulled up to the first spot and we did not have a hit until around 7:30. What was great was my nephew got the first crappie and it was a net fish. We went through several dry spells but at around 10:30 the current slowed down and the light switch was turned on! We ended the day with 47. Had several over 2 pounds and did not have a fish under 1 pound except for one. We got home around 1:30 and cleaned the 47! What made him even happier was I cooked up a nice mess of fresh caught crappie for him. He said that he was definitely coming down again! I wonder why?

Overall I was real impressed with him on catching crappie for the first time. It is not an easy style of fishing and after about 5 minutes of lessons he realized what a line jump was all about! He is a quick learner. All fish were caught on bassassassins in opening night and Arkansas shiner. At times we used 1/8 oz jig head to combat the current. It worked well. The wind was never a factor until I pulled up the anchor to leave. I could not have asked for a more perfect day....except maybe watching Auburn beat Alabama and eating CRAPPIE! Good luck to everyone and wear your life jackets. Water temp toady was 57.5.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]