non-fishing related msg

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on November 16, 2006 at 10:41:25:

In Reply to: Re: Bellsouth email and NAFF via Email posted by Kerry Grissett on November 16, 2006 at 00:47:27:

Why, oh why, did I have to click this link? :) Here is my big chance to turn the other cheek and my big mouth is wide open. First of all, if you think kicking a sponge makes a difference, then by all means everyone call BellSouth and tell them about their problems. Turning the other cheek to an auto-filtering piece of software is not the same as turning the cheek to someone that has spoken or acted against us with malicious intent. Enough about that.

There is a proverb that says "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." I actually just Googled that and found an interesting link shown below. Warning, it is religious (Christian) in nature for those that might be offended. Nope, I am not "religious" and have not been to Church since my wedding 7 years ago. So, don't worry, I am not here to save anyone - that is up to you and perhaps the people that may be living right! There are certain people around these digital portals that are Fishers of Men that also have many opinions to share with the world. Bottom line - there are surely Chinese fortune cookies that would also agree it is OFTEN better to bite the tongue than to lash out (at least with anger).

Kerry, in 5-6 years that I have been coming to this site, I have never won an argument with you. Yes, I did try in the begining. I tried to educate you on water pollution because of a rant that you posted. I was trying to make you a more effective person in that arena. I believe your response was for me to keep it in "digestible" portions, but you did probably include a grin. I am not condemning you. I am not criticizing you. I am simply offering a rebuttal in a democratic fashion.

Yes, we can make a difference. However, we have to choose our battles wisely. Since you are the owner of this battefield and kingdom, I am a fool for potentially pushing a wrong button. To show you that I have no hard feelings, and as a bribe for a reduced reprimand for posting a non-fishing topic, expect a donation in the near future. My post demonstrated that I am no where near the person I wish to be because I can't shut my big pie hole or turn the other cheek. I just felt like you were trying to rub in your point with this analogy that I feel did not fit. :)

If those guys that have been posting about Guntersville dam are reading... Thanks for the actual fishing reports!!! I promise to return the favor soon.

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]