Re: Hostile Condemnation....sort of

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 14, 2006 at 21:32:22:

In Reply to: Re: Hostile Condemnation....sort of posted by Frank Thornton on November 13, 2006 at 16:36:34:

Perhaps one reason why things "are the way they are" is because too many people simply turn their heads, avert their eyes, or otherwise stick their heads in the sand instead of standing up and at least saying "Stop it! We won't stand for that type of behavior".

Certainly we haven't had very many good leaders in government to show the way, but that is not the cause of the problem. It starts at home in the family. Respect for others has become a rare commodity and as evidenced by comments here, quite a few folks are either too cowardly to stand and say "STOP!" or they think there is nothing they can do that will change a bad situation. Some, apparently, don't see anything wrong with rude and dangerous behavior.

It really appalls me to read messages that say so much about the resignation of so many to accept that which I really think they know is wrong, but are unwilling to stand up and fight to change it for the better.

I started the NAFF because I couldn't find any site on the net that offered what I would like to see in a forum for fishing in North Alabama. Had I not started the NAFF, nothing like it would exist today, I am sure of it. One person can make a difference and change things for the better. If enough people will stand up and at least try, much more is possible. Otherwise, I hate to think what type of society my son will inherit.

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]