Re: Hostile Condemnation....sort of

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LEW on November 13, 2006 at 11:03:10:

In Reply to: Re: Hostile Condemnation....sort of posted by Kerry Grissett on November 13, 2006 at 09:24:49:

Snapperking goes back 45 years; I am in my 70's I go back 65 years. I have fished and camped a weeks at a time, with my family, on the big "G" in the late 30's. In those day we fished a week without seeing an outboard motor on the lake. I agree with Kerry things have changed. It is not the large tournament fishing that has caused the entire problem. My wife and I have been anchored in a slough fishing for crappie ect. When a large bass boat appears at a high rate of speed from now where. The operator asks if I would leave because I would be fishing in his favorite spot and he was fishing in a tournament for money.
This was the little bass guy, who has hocked all
His savings to by the boat and next year he will let the finance company have it back. He only thought he was a fisher man. I do not visit the lake as much due to the dangerous behavior of the operators. I wonder what the average BASS Fisherman would do with a 12 foot plywood Jon boat with a 2hp motor as we did in the 30's and Ray Scott had not been able to borrow the money for the first bass tournament. Me thinks it is all for show. Sorry Kerry...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]