Re: Hostile Condemnation....sort of

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 12, 2006 at 23:11:01:

In Reply to: Re: Hostile Condemnation....sort of posted by Snapperking on November 12, 2006 at 21:20:50:

I posted my comments based on the behavior of the majority of "big" tournament bass fishermen. If it was only a "small" percentage, then I would most likely not witness and be victim to the grossly discourteous, dangerous and outrageously rude behavior exhibited by "pro"-"dollarsign eyed"-idiots who make up the large majority of the "pro" bass circuit.

My own experience on the water with these fools is what I am talking about, not anecdotal talk from 3rd parties. When you get a bunch of folks with the $$$ in their eyes, sponsored by an organization that doesn't recognize courtesy, state law and common sense evidenced at least in one sense by Aaron Martens win on Wheeler without a valid state license, it tells you something about the character not only of the organization, but especially the people involved.

If it were just a few who were the problem, you have to ask yourself why the organization doesn't crack down and solve the "small" problem. EXACTLY! It is not a small percentage, but the whole of the organization which supports that type of behavior.

Why? Because that would be negative publicity and there is $$$ at stake.

Once again, if the locals, the citizens of Decatur knew how many TAX PAYER dollars (tens of thousands) was paid directly to the FLW and other "big" tourneys to come here, they would not be so keen on having these so-called "professional" tournaments coming to our area. Of course, the city doesn't make this information easily or readily available. What it amounts to is city government subsidized fishing tournaments. Based on an ABA tournament a few years ago, the city doesn't even break even, let alone make a profit, short or long term. So the long touted "we bring so much money to your area" argument is without merit.

In any case, the actions of these so-called "pros" speaks much louder than anything I can write here. If you have a large bass boat, you may be mistaken for a "fellow $$$ angler", but in a small boat like mine and many others, you get treated quite differently by these "pros". And don't be on Flint Creek or any other small tributary when weigh in time comes. These jerks, YES JERKS, will not hesitate to blow your small boat out of the water and break whatever laws they have to to get to that ALL important weigh in. Just ask my son.

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]