Re: Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 08, 2006 at 20:36:28:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville Crappie posted by gurley on November 08, 2006 at 16:55:09:

Gurley, I will not tell you the exact areas for obvious reasons but I will try and help. I do not know your skills as a crappie fisherman so excuse me if I sound as if I am talking down to you.

Many years ago I was in your shoes. I did not know how to catch crappie but a lot of people around me did. Just like me, they were very secretive about certain areas and baits being used. I started reading and picking up from others and started keeping records. In time, I noticed that crappie are in general a schooling fish. They group up in large schools in the winter time and follow forage such as shad. If you can find the bait, most of your hard work is over.

As I stated before, crappie like to group up in fall and winter months and can be found on main lake points and intersecting creek channels. If you look on a map, it won’t take you long to find areas I have described. Spend some time looking for these areas and then try putting some cover out in these areas. It won’t be long before you start having success. Good luck and wear your life jacket.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]