Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 06, 2006 at 21:00:39:

This is a late report but here goes. Kerry and Dwight met me at the ramp last Friday (November 3rd) morning at around 6:00 am. Did I say it was COLD! Anyway, we started off like it was going to be a good day and then the wind decided that we were not welcome. Why is wind so hard to forecast? 10-15 out of east made our day short! What fish were landed were good quality and 26 came into the boat. All fish were in 20 feet of water and wanted it slow. Fish were relating to cover. All fish came on bass assassins in Arkansas shiner used on 1/16 oz jig head (unpainted). Dwight had 3, I had 4 and YES KERRY had the rest. I guess you could say Dwight and I got a lesson Friday. Besides not catching a lot, the company was great and what fish were caught were good ones.

All fish had small bluegill in their stomachs. The shad still have not shown up yet according to my depth finder and what I am finding in the crappie. Kerry and I are hoping they will show up any time now though! Good luck to everyone and wear your life jackets when going out. The water is getting cold!

Sauger are being caught in Guntersville at most bridges. There are also some being caught down river from Redstone Arsenal at the “Hole” on Wheeler. The hole is a small ditch that is 40-50 foot deep on the south side between Cataco Creek and Redstone. Talked to a friend day before yesterday and Sauger are showing up around the Mccammy light above waterfront. Not a lot of keepers but he stated that if you catch a keeper, it is a good one. Anyway, I will try a Sauger trip soon. It is hard to leave Crappie when they are biting! Also got a smallmouth trip planned on Wheeler with a long time friend. Will post results on all trips!

I am off to pour jig heads! I am just about out!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]