Re: Fishing in Northern Alabama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben There on February 14, 2001 at 17:02:35:

In Reply to: Fishing in Northern Alabama posted by Bob Sylvia on February 14, 2001 at 07:53:38:

Bob, North Alabama is a great area for fishing and retirement. I am not as familar with the Tennessee River as most people are on this forum but it is a great area. I live in Birmingham and have a small place on Smith Lake which is between the Tennessee River and Birmingham. Smith Lake is considered one of the cleanest lakes in the southeast. It is very clear and deep and called a "High Mountain Lake", very much like the Smokey Mountain lakes. Smith Lake is very hard to learn to fish but it is comming around for me. It has a large population of spotted bass and there have been either two or three world record spots come out of the lake. The lake is stocked each year by the State of Alabama with salt water stripes. The lake record is now up to 45 pounds and many people say there are fish there up to 60 pounds.

You can't go wrong settling down anywhere in the north Ala. area. Come on down and look us over sometime before you retire. I retired almost three years ago and have no desire to settle anywhere else. Good Luck and we will be looking for y'all.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]