Re: Congratulation Alex

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on October 16, 2006 at 19:40:33:

In Reply to: Congratulation Alex posted by Deputyking on October 16, 2006 at 07:10:56:

Deputyking, thanks for the kudos. I do have to say that the only reason it is in the magazine is because of Kerry. Back in the summer, Kerry was contacted by an editor and wanted to know about the article I wrote many years ago for the NAFF on Sauger. Of course Kerry gave him my info and I was contacted not long after that. I was interviewed by Steve Davis and the rest is history. By the way I talked to Kerry earlier today and he informed me that he did not mind mentioning the name of the magazine. If you go to page 28 in the "Alabama Game and Fish", there is a short piece in there on sauger. I just wanted to thank Kerry for pointing Steve in my direction and I also wanted to thank everyone on the NAFF over the years for even paying any attention to my articles!
I also wanted to thank Alabama Game and Fish for publishing the article and along with Steve and Eileen Davis (Editors for Alabama game and Fish) for even giving me the time of day. Like I said many times before, when I came across the NAFF, I gained a fantastic fishing buddy and a large family! Now how about a crappie report!

Kerry and I went to Guntersville Sunday and caught over 100 crappie. The only problem was only two would keep. I did want to mention that we were fishing from the bank and not from my boat. Kerry and I are planning on going sometime this week after this front comes on through. I think all of this rain will help because it is a cold rain. Most of the fish we were catching Sunday were relating to structure and very aggressive. Kerry and I both feel that when we go out in the boat, we should find better quality fish. The time is just now getting right. All fish were caught on bass assassins in salt and pepper color placed on a 1/16 oz jig head (unpainted). Fish were anywhere from 3 feet to 8 feet deep. In one area we tried we both caught a couple and these fish were deeper, 8-12 feet. I really feel that the boat houses should be hot right now if you can locate them near a creek channel or main drop off. Shad are plentiful so bait is not a problem.

When Kerry and I go later in the week, I will give everyone a report. Good fishing to all and please wear your life jackets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]