Re: This is the best place to retire.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on February 14, 2001 at 12:54:40:

In Reply to: Fishing in Northern Alabama posted by Bob Sylvia on February 14, 2001 at 07:53:38:

Go down a few lines and read the tread by Kenneth Sanders about what kinds of fish are in Guntersville lake and you'll get some additional info. Within 1.5 hours of Huntsville there is over 300k acres of water with everything from catfish, bream, crappie, sauger to 10lb largemouth and 8-lb smallmouth. (My good friend Tim Horton caught 16 smallies over 6-lbs a couple months ago in one stretch and got it on video while taping a show. Unreal. Best 10 weighed just over 65-lbs with a big smallie over 9-lbs. I have some of the pics and those big smallies are incredible). lol, that alone would make me move here. The city of Guntersville is beautiful and probably the perfect area to retire in my opinion. Lake Wilson is also a beautiful place to build/buy a lake home. Smith is beautiful also and has some nice homes. Heck, they're all beautiful. It would be hard for me to choose. Drop me a line if you have specific questions and I'll be glad to help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]